Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions?


How do I purchase insurance?

  • Insurance can be purchased at any time. The cost is $59 and it covers the device for 2 years. The device will need to be free of any current damage in order to qualify for new insurance. Visit the technology office Monday - Friday between 8:00AM and 3:00PM to purchase insurance.  You can also email us at and we will contact you to arrange for payment.

What does the insurance policy cover?

  • The insurance policy covers unlimited accidental damage and defects.  If it is determined that the damage was intentional, it will not be covered.  Bent iPad frames often are considered a total loss and are often not covered.  These decisions are made by the insurance company, not Wayland Union Schools.

How much does a screen cost to replace?

  • iPad 2 Screens - $125
  • iPad Air Screen - $100

What happens when I have an outstanding balance?

  • Balances less than $100
    • Take home is allowed.
  • Balances $100 or more
    • Check in / Check Out only.
    • Balances must be paid in full prior to receiving an iPad at the start of school in the fall.
  • Balances over $250
    • Check in / Check Out only on a payment plan where parents are paying at least $10 per month.
    • Balances must be paid in full prior to receiving an iPad at the start of school in the fall.

What do I do if I break my screen?

  • If you purchased insurance at the beginning of the 2016-17 school year, bring it to the media center in your school.  If you did not buy insurance or you purchased the new insurance (with a new case), take your device to Technology Solutions in Wayland (122 W. Superior St).  Damaged screens cost between $80 and $100 to repair.  If it is insured, the screen replacement is usually free.  Screens are not be replaced while you wait.

Can I get a different case for the iPad?

  • A new iPad case will be issued if you purchase insurance.  If you wish to purchase your own case, it must be approved through the technology department.  You can send a link to the case online at