Wayland Union Schools is soliciting bids for a Clocks and Master Clock at Wayland Middle School, 701 Wildcat Drive, Wayland, MI 49348
The following is a schedule of events for this project up through award of contract. Final installation schedule will be established prior to contracting with the successful Vendor.
- Release of RFP to Bidders - November 29, 2018
- Pre-Bid Meeting* - December 4, 12:30PM
- Response Received from Bidders (Bid Opening)* - December 20, 12:30PM
- 1st BoE Viewing - January 14, 2019
- 2nd BoE Viewing - January 28, 2019
- Contract Award - January 29, 2019
- Installation Begins - March 1, 2019
- Installation Completed - June 1, 2019
- Acceptance by the Owner - June 10, 2019
* Transportation Conference Room - Transportation Building - 851 Wildcat Drive - Wayland, MI 49348
INTERPRETATION, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR CHANGES:
Has there been any further internal discussion/decision on a preference for preserving vs replacing existing classroom Simplex digital clocks?
We would consider preserving the existing clocks as long as management and synchronization does not require a dual system approach. It is recommended that bidders provide an estimate of savings for reusing existing clocks as an option in their response.
In the RFP, Section D, Bid Preparation, 2. Bid Response Requirements, Section 6 specifies Bidder Qualifications, Financial Information and References. In Section C, item 3 specifies that financial information is to be provided by the bidder upon request within 24 hours. Can you please clarify that the initial bid response does not require financial information unless specifically requested following the bid review?
This information is only required when requested after the bid review.
On the RFP under 6A what are you asking for under “Submit a copy of their Purchase Contract with their Bid” ?
We are asking for a document that displays the vendor's expectations of Wayland Union Schools.
Your clock floor plan for the middle school has a total of 63 symbols (19 in the new addition and 44 in the existing building), but you list a quantity of 68 in the breakdown quantity list. Can you please clarify which number is correct?
The correct number is 63. It appears I translated a hand written 3 into an 8 on error.