Return to Learn: Hybrid Model
Hybrid Model Overview
Students who are returning to in-person instruction will be divided into two groups by last name and attend school in-person two days per week.
- Students with the last names A-K will attend on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Students with the last names L-Z will attend on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Families who have children with different last names (who live in the same household) will have the opportunity to follow the same schedule. Please complete this form if you need to request for your children to attend on the same day.
- Wednesdays will be remote instruction for all students.
- On the days when students are not in-person, they will have independent work to complete remotely with the ability to connect with designated staff members for support.
- Students coming to school on the bus will have their temperature checked when they board the bus.
- All students will be required to wear a mask unless they have a documented medical condition preventing them from doing so.
- All students will be required to wear a mask, as articulated in the MI Safe Schools: Michigan's 2020-21 Return to School Roadmap, unless they have a documented medical condition preventing them from doing so.
- Staff members will be required to wear a mask unless they have a documented medical condition preventing them from doing so.
- All students are required to wear a mask in hallways and common areas.
- K-5 students will be able to remove their masks once inside their classroom.
- Students in grades 6-12 will be required to wear a mask at all times unless they have a documented medical condition preventing them from doing so.
- Students will be instructed in hygiene practices that reduce the spread of COVID-19 (handwashing, coughing/sneezing into their elbows, etc.) and will take breaks to wash their hands every 2-3 hours.
- We plan for K-5 students to work in cohorts. This means that groups of students will remain in their classroom and teachers will rotate rooms.
- Middle and High School students will follow their typical schedule with increased health and safety protocols.
- Students will be spaced out in classrooms and desks will be faced in the same direction.
- K-12 Students will utilize a district-issued iPad and use Google Classroom so they are prepared in the event that our region transitions to Phases 1-3 in the MI Safe Start Plan.
This option may be helpful for families who:
- Feel comfortable sending their student(s) back to school
- Need to follow a traditional school schedule
- Are able to wear face coverings and strictly adhere to safety and hygiene protocols
- Have parent(s)/guardian(s) who are unable to provide academic support during the school day
- Do not have access to reliable, high-speed internet at home
- Were less successful with emergency distance learning in the spring
- Want to return to school following all safety procedures identified under the MI Safe School Return to School Roadmap.