Wildcats Online Overview
Students are enrolled with Wayland Union Schools and complete their work at home. Students will have contact with their teacher and other students through Google Classroom and video conferences. Students need a reliable internet source. If our region moves to Phases 5-6, students would return to face-to-face instruction in our school buildings. If our region moves to Phases 1-3, Wildcats Online would continue without interruption.
It is important to note that Wildcats Online is vastly different from the spring 2020 emergency distance learning. Wildcats Online will have greater accountability and structure than our emergency distance learning.
- Instruction will follow the pace and rigor of face-to-face instruction.
- Students will have the opportunity to interact with their teacher and classmates in direct video instruction
- Students may be required to follow a daily schedule as posted by their Wildcats Online Teacher
- Students will be expected to participate in daily lessons, assignments, and assessments
- Students will earn grades for work completed and assessments.
- Grading practices will align with face-to-face instruction.
- Attendance will be taken multiple times a week.
- Wildcats Online students will be grouped as a class.
This option may be helpful for families who:
- Are not able or do not want to wear face masks according to the MI Safe School Return to School Roadmap
- Who would have difficulty following the safety and hygiene protocols
- Who want to be guaranteed social distancing at all times
- Who are uncomfortable in large group settings
- Who are immunocompromised or have a medical condition which puts them at high risk
- Were able to participate in emergency distance learning in the spring