Career Connections Academy
The Career Connections Academy will prepare students for the world of work through increased technical center participation, career oriented elective courses, project based integrated courses, and core courses. In addition, CCA will provide opportunities through credit recovery courses and provide students with on-line instruction. CCA staff members are highly qualified in the Common Core Curriculum and able to provide educational opportunities for students with different learning styles.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES
Students may recover lost credits by completing multiple courses in an E2020 lab during the day or at night by accessing E2020 at home. Each instructor at CCA offers free correspondence courses students may complete at home.
All students are expected to attend the Allegan County Area Technical Education Center for at least one year during their CCA career. ACATEC provides specific career training in areas that employers seek workers. CCA’s credit structure and course offerings help students attend ACATEC for one or even two years. Our use of employability skills in grading is also consistent with the policies of ACATEC. Students can choose from 16 different career fields at ACATEC.
Reduced Graduation Credits
Class of 2015 30.5 credits
Class of 2016 32 credits
CCA Quick Facts
- CCA Senior Capstone- CCA provides a course called Senior Capstone. The course acts a transitional piece between high school and the outside world or college. Senior Capstone counts as an English elective credit and occurs in the spring semester of each school year. The course is for seniors only. Every student leaving CCA needs a career direction and this course helps to provide road map.
- Graduating CCA students receive a diploma from Wayland Union Schools.
- Graduating CCA students still walk with their class at the graduation ceremony.
- CCA students are eligible to take elective courses at the traditional high school such as: Dance, Auto Shop, Wildcat Woodworking, Choir, Band, Art, Robotics, and Theater.
- CCA is located in the traditional high school’s D wing, not off site.
- CCA students are eligible to participate in all varsity sports at WUHS.
- CCA students may participate in all club activities at WUHS.
- CCA students may attend prom and dances at WUHS.
- CCA’s class sizes are typically smaller than traditional class sizes. Students are therefore able to get more one on one help in their core classes.
- CCA students take all of their core courses with highly qualified CCA instructors that have over 45 years of combined service in alternative education.
- CCA students participate in alternative athletic events against other alternative programs in the area. Events included are: bowling, disc golf, and softball.
- CCA offers a family type atmosphere where all students are accepted and known by their peers.
Career Connections Academy
870 E. Superior Street, Wayland, MI 49348
Phone: (269) 792-2254